A good nights sleep for me usually equals a top performance workout with good form and more reps or weight. Disturbed sleep just leaves me Un motivated with a desire to complete a new boxset on Netflix.
Dysania? – A struggle to get out of bed in the morning, something I often battle. Probably why I prefer an evening workout to a morning one. To the peeps who get up at 5am to blast out a workout, I salute you. 🙌🏻
So as I sit here, waiting for my new Casper mattress to be delivered, I leave you with these interesting facts.
- On average it takes 10 – 15 minutes to fall asleep.
- 12% of people dream in black and white.
- 1 in 4 couples sleep in separate beds. ( star fishing is such a good feeling )
- Hypnic jerks!! Hate these…that feeling your falling, waking with a jolt (when your half asleep)
- Within 5 mins 50% of your dream is forgotten.
- Humans are the only mammals to delay sleep.
- Humans spend 1/3 of their life asleep!
- 41% of brits sleep in the foetal position. 💪🏻